If you know me personally, you know that I have a MOP for hair. Seriously, my hair is so thick and poofy. Ironically, I often hear, “You have the most GORGEOUS head of hair!” or “I would KILL for your hair” and to that I would love to reply, “Please don’t kill anything, I’ll happily hand this mop over.”
But, I can’t.
I really lack in the hair styling department and I have always hated my hair. It’s so hard to tame and have I mentioned how thick it is? I never had it long enough for it to look nice down, curls never stay longer than an hour, and I basically either have it up in a bun, in a braid (which also doesn’t stay in for very long), or I straighten it.
And now here comes the good news.
I am actually starting to really love and appreciate my hair. It’s finally almost down to my lower back, which means that the length kind of evens out the poofiness of it. Seriously, the shorter my hair, the poofier it looks and trust me when I say that it is not cute.
I’m trying to learn different braids and hairstyles so that I can switch it up a little because I am so tired of straightening my hair all the time. But they have to be easy, too, because as a mom, I really only have about 10 (20 if I’m lucky or if Dominic is home!) minutes to get ready for the day before Olivia is tugging at my leg impatiently.
So this Friday I bring to you ten…
(Note the theme of mainly braids and buns…I guess I can’t help myself!)
1. Side Twist Fishtail Braid -If you know how to do a fishtail, this one is so cute and simple!
2. Double Side Braid -I really love this double braid.
3. Messy French Bun -Messy, but still looks put together!
4. No Heat Curl with a Headband -I know someone who does this all the time and swears by it!
5. Twist Doughnut Bun -I personally love this one because I can never get the bobby pins to hold down my extra hair when I put it in a bun!
6. A Braided Crown -I. Love. This. Style. Plain and simple. Maybe this will be the one I try this weekend!
7. Easy Headband Updo – A version of #4, except you don’t take the headband out!
8. Top Knot -In all honesty, I never knew how easy this hairstyle is!
9. Half Up Braided Crown – Super pretty, and super easy!
10. Turban Bun -This one isn’t a tutorial, but it’s a style that’s really in right now, and I wanna try it. Just not sure if I could pull it off!
I’m sure most of these take a few practice rounds before you get it the way you like it, but just think of how easy they’ll be after you master them. I need more hairstyle-variety in my life so I can’t wait to try these!
Let me know if you decide to do one of these this weekend. I’m going to try one and if I like how it comes out, I’ll take a picture and post it on Monday!
Have a good weekend!