Happy Friday, Friends!
For the past two weeks, I’ve dedicated my Friday posts to Awesome Mother’s Day Gifts.
The first week did a round-up of Awesome Mother’s Day Gifts.
The second week I put together 10 DIY Awesome Mother’s Day Gifts.
And now I’m shooting for the trifecta by bringing you ten…………
1. Breakfast in Bed. Let’s preface this by saying to LET HER SLEEP IN before you bring her a delicious breakfast. You cannot go wrong by bringing a mother breakfast and her coffee/tea in bed. Bonus points if you cut her toast and fruit into hearts (at least bonus points from me! ;) ! And check out these free printables to go along with it!
2. A Spa Day. The second best thing next to going out for a spa day, is getting one brought to you. Have her pick out her fave color, paint her nails and toes, put a mask on her face (they have 2 dollar ones at Target that are AMAZING!), and even massage her feet. If you really love her, start her spa day off with a bubble bath, and throw in a nice tall glass of champagne!
3. Picnic in the Park. Fill up a picnic basket with her favorite goodies, grab a blanket, your phone (and only use it to play her favorite Pandora station!), and walk to the nearest park for a picnic. If it rains, have the picnic right in the middle of the living room. It’s the thought that counts!
4. Movie Night. Fill your living room floor with as many blankets as possible (or even better—make a blanket fort!), rent her favorite movie, get her favorite chocolates and just relax.
5. Homemade Coupons. I honestly can’t wait for Olivia to be old enough to make me a coupon book. I think they are the cutest idea and you get out of a few house chores! ;)
6. A Bouquet of Flowers. Go on a little nature walk, have your kids pick out flowers they see on the way, and turn it into a bouquet for the mom in your life!
7. Anything Baked. Seriously. Cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls. Sweets are the perfect thing to give a mother on her special day.
8. Homemade Cards (or anything homemade, really!). I loved making things for my mom and I can only imagine how I’m gonna feel the first Mother’s Day that Olivia is able to make me a card, or anything for that matter!
9. Do All House Chores. Clean the house from top to bottom, do all the laundry, cook all of the meals…everything. I’m happy just thinking about this one.
10. Make a List of Everything You Love About Her. This might probably be the best one of all, in my opinion. Well, second best (I’m looking at you, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies!) Seriously though, knowing you’re appreciated is one of the best gifts a mom (or anyone for that matter) can receive. It makes all the not-so-fun times worth it.
I cannot believe that this is already my second Mother’s Day. I am looking forward to spending my day with my cute little family, and all the special moms in our life, eating delicious food the best cake ever.
I hope you guys enjoyed all of my gift ideas!
Have a good weekend and to all of the Mamas out there– Happy Mother’s Day! Sit back and relax because you sure as hell deserve it!
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)