Hey Guys, Happy Friday!
Olivia turned 18 Months on Wednesday! Yesterday she had her 18 month wellness check up, and our big girl is 22 pounds and 30 1/2 inches tall!
We talked with the doctor about all of the things that she can do at 18 months, and he said that she is excelling, which we already knew (doesn’t every parent think their kid is excelling?!), but it is still AWESOME to hear.
For this weeks 10 things Friday, I’ve decided to talk about some of the cool things that Olivia has been doing lately. I love this age SO much and I really wish I could keep her right here. Seriously, 18 months is the best age. So far, anyway!
Anyway, here are ten (which probably may turn into more) things…….
1. She can easily say 20 words. One of my favorites is ‘shoes’. It kinda comes out “choose” and it’s the cutest thing.
2. She knows five body parts: Head, mouth, nose, belly and tongue. Currently working on ears!
3. She loves to use her fork and spoon. She really only eats with her hands when it’s something dry like goldfish.
4. She is obsessed with Mickey and Minnie (like mother, like daughter!). She points them out where ever we go, and she has a Minnie Mouse for each room in our home.
5. She’s a water baby, through and through.
6. She’s still a mean, green, dancing machine.
7. She really is not too fond of juice. Water, milk, and tea are more her style. Like mother, like daughter for sure on that one too.
8. She basically sleeps through the night (there are some nights where she’ll wake up once around 3am). She goes to bed at around 8:30, 9pm, wakes up around 9am, and will play and read in her crib no problem for at least 45 minutes. Angel baby, I tell ya.
9. Her thirst for exploration is absolutely the most fascinating thing I’ve ever witnessed. I especially love how curious she is about the things that we don’t normally think twice about (weeds -aka flowers-, rocks, motorcycles, closing and opening doors, banging on pots and pans, etc.).
10. Her plane and bird (aka “tweet tweet”) radar are out. of. control. And she absolutely must say goodbye to each and every one she spots. As a matter of fact, she says goodbye to everything. “Bye bye plane” “Bye bye tweet tweet” “Bye bye car” “Bye bye da da” Her little voice is the sweetest of sweet. I’m not biased or anything…………. ;)
11. She loves to write and draw. Chalk, crayons, pens, pencils, you name it, she’ll write with it. And actually, she’s surprisingly good at staying on the paper.
12. She’s still obsessed with Olivia the Pig. If that show is on, you can forget about trying to interact with Olivia the Girl. I’m not exaggerating. Dominic and I can call her name about 15 times before she’ll glance at us for a millisecond before fixing her eyes back on the screen. Admittedly, it’s something I use to my advantage when I need to keep her quiet or entertained, in order to get things done.
13. She’s SO polite. She says “please” for everything. If she really wants something, she’ll point at whatever it is that she wants and says “Please, please, please, PLEASE!!!!!!!” And she loves to help out. She’ll throw things away, she puts things away when you tell her to.
14. She is so calm and peaceful. Has been since day one. (She didn’t even cry when she came out of me!) She plays quietly by herself, reads in the corner by herself and even her cry isn’t really that loud………except at 3am when she is crying for no reason. That’ll never be cute, Olivia.
15. She’s also really happy. Always flashing that beautiful smile. Always laughing. Always making funny faces. Always happy.
16. Another thing she is always doing? Singing. She sings ALL. THE. TIME. And I already mentioned how sweet her voice is, so you can imagine how well sweet she sings :)
17. Oh but let’s not forget the temper. Little flower child definitely has a temper. When she doesn’t get what she wants, she kinda does this moon walk backward, and will throw whatever she can get her hands on. It’s kinda funny, but we definitely don’t let her know that we think that.
18. I hope this last one never ever ever ever ever ever EVER! changes: she is still quite the lover. Seriously, she is as sweet as sweet can be. Man oh man, if I could pick absolutely ONE thing that is my favorite about our girl, it is -without a doubt- her heart. I am absolutely certain that it is made of gold. She loves to kiss, and hug (and by hug I mean SQUEEZE! which is even better, obvi.) and OH MY GOD SHE SAYS “Wove You!” And when she cuddles, she means business. Best cuddler ever. Best lover ever. Best Baby ever. (ps: I always say “Olivia, you’re the best baby ever!” and she replies with, “ev-ooo” which is obviously a better way of saying ‘ever’ anyway.)
*sigh* Olivia Rose, melting my heart since 2011.
And a few photos to send you on your merry weekend-ing way….
/\We introduced her to the sprinkler the other day and I think it’s safe to say she loves it! \/
^Two Things. One: Her saying “bye bye” to all of the things. Two: Her outfit.^
I hope everyone has a good weekend!
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)