Father’s day is next weekend, and I just realized that if I don’t make this weeks 10 Things Friday a gift guide for the occasion, it’s going to look like I hate Fathers.
I swear I don’t.
Here’s a (not so fun) fact about me: I am a TERRIBLE gift giver. I’ve been with Dominic for 6 years and I think I’ve gotten him like 5 great gifts.
You know, I actually take that back. I think that I’m terrible at buying people gifts….I am more of a sentimental person, so I like to give/get gifts from the heart….aka home made things.
But that’s what’s so great about men, they’re not really big on crafts…..did you sense my sarcasm? I’m sure that when Olivia starts making Dominic noodle necklaces and drawing him pictures, he’ll probably change (I know that’s how my dad was!)…but when we were in High School, I used to make him really cute things all the time, and he doesn’t have any of it!
So what are us crafty women to do, when our men like their gifts bought, and not made? Well, I’m glad you asked. Here are ten….
1. Minnetonka Slippers. How comfy do these look?!
2. A Watch. Dominic’s number one obsession.
3. Cuff links. LOVE these.
4. Cologne. This is one of my favorites.
5. 10 Piece Grilling Set. Because, duh.
6. Sunglasses. Love.
7. World’s Greatest Dad Mug. There are a lot of feminine mugs in our household….and Disney ones…this would be a nice change for him :)
8. BIRCHBOX. I will admit that this is my personal link so that I can get points, BUT, I absolutely love BIRCHBOX. And the men’s box is awesome. My (almost) father in law has a subscription and he always gets cool little things! And bonus points because you get a ‘father’s day’ gift every month! ;)
9. The Cool Fix. This has Dominic’s name written ALL over it.
10. Keychain. I had to throw in some kind of personal gift ;)
What are you getting the dad(s) in your life?
P.S. Next Friday, Dominic agreed to write down ten things he loves about being a dad, so look forward to that!
P.P.S. I taught Olivia her name in a day. I am blessed to have such a smarty pants daughter. She already knew who she was, like when we’d show her a picture of herself and ask her who it was, she’d say her name, but now when I actually ask her, “What’s your name?” She points at herself and says “Olivia” in this cute way that she says her name. I love that girl.
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)