Happy Friday Afternoon! I hope everyone had an awesome 4th, I know we did, and I plan on sharing all of our fun photos next Wednesday, so look forward to that :)
In all honesty, I was so in the moment of one of my favorite holidays, that I forgot to publish a post I had set for yesterday, and also forgot to put together a Ten Things Friday for Today. Because of that, I have decided to bring the two together and turn yesterday’s post into today’s TTF. Genius, aren’t I? :)
Here are ten…
Wedding planning is really stressful, you guys. I know I’ve said that before but it’s so true! You think you have all this time but then you realize that your bridal shower is this Sunday and you’re all like, “Damn, where on Earth did ‘all of this time’ go?!?”
1. You read that right– MY BRIDAL SHOWER IS THIS SUNDAY. I can’t believe it! My future mother in law and bridesmaids have taken reign of the shower and I’m honestly so glad. One thing that I don’t really have to worry about. Other than a few “yes” and “no”s from me, they’ve pretty much got everything under control. I can’t wait to see all the fantastic women in my life and party like it’s 1999! The shower is going to be held at Buca di Beppo and I cannot wait to get my hands on some of that pesto pasta…have I mentioned how much Dominic and I love all things pesto? Yum. Speaking of the devil, I kinda think Dominic is a little excited to be the only man at the party…..(Did I just possibly get his man card revoked?) When I’m hanging out with the girls, he’s always the only guy and he kinda loves it. And I love him for it! :) (For our baby shower, it was kind of co-ed, My dad, Dominic’s dad, I think my Grandpa was there, too.) The other day I jokingly asked my dad, “Are you gonna come to my bridal shower?” and he gave me the dirtiest look and said, “Um, no……GIRLS ONLY, Kata (his nick name for me)!” I know that if I really wanted him there, he’d suck it up and go. But I heard there’s gonna be a dirty game played, so I think I’ll pass on insisting he come :P
2. I have to admit something. Usually, I am such a sucker for a surprise, and I don’t want anyone to ruin it. But because I know that I can keep checking my registry to see what we’ve gotten so far, I check every day. I know, it’s terrible but I can’t help myself. And guess what? Someone got me one of the gifts I really wanted! My crock pot! I wanted that thing so bad and I cannot wait to use it!
3. Anyway, my bridal shower is on the 7th. That means that exactly TWO MONTHS after Sunday is our big day and I am 75% excited, 25% nervous/anxious/freaking out trying to get everything perfect. One of the things I just started to think about is our vows. Per Dominic’s request, he wants us to write our own vows…. I know, I know, so romantic but can I just pay someone to write mine? I have been trying to think of what to say for the past week, and have gotten nowhere. I think that’s why I’m thinking about it so early, because it’s gonna take me two months to write ideas, a draft, and then a final. Crazy, much?
4. I ordered my shoes like two weeks ago, and I got the box last Thursday…I was so upset because the shoes are SO beautiful, but the heel is wayyyy too high. When I walk in them I feel like the heel is gonna snap right off, not to mention, Dominic isn’t all that tall (sorry babe)………back to square one, I suppose.
5. We finally ordered our invitations. We received the proof on Monday, and it’s taken me a few days to push the “submit order” button, not because I don’t love them (because I do!) but because anytime I have to push any kind of “submit” button, a little anxiety just flows through me. However I will say that I cannot wait to finally get these babies in my hands, and then mailed out!
6. A few wedding packages have made their way into my hands. Not presents, but things that we’re using for our wedding! I love getting packages in general, but I love them even more when they’re wedding-related.
7. We picked out our flowers on Wednesday and I am so excited. The florist we’re working with is fantastic and he put together a centerpiece bouquet right there in front of me and I love it! It’s the perfect amount of romantic, perfect amount of rustic.
8. We have to put together a general list of music for the DJ this weekend….which songs would you make sure are played, and which would you axe? The chicken dance was the first one to be killed! No cheesy music here!
9. I’ve heard a couple people say, “I hate to say this but even though you’re the one getting married, all eyes are going to be on Olivia! She’s just so cute.” Um….what?! That’s a negative. I think my daughter is the most beautiful human being on this planet so I get to say this: for once, this whole experience is all about ME and DOMINIC. As much as I absolutely hate being the center of attention, I am learning to embrace this one and only time where it’s going to actually be about us, only us, and NOT just Olivia. Glad I got that off my chest!
10. I know that it’s super early, but in about a month, I am going to be asking for a handful of guest posts for the week before our wedding. I have decided to ask each person interested, to write a post telling your love story and then to include a piece of marriage advice for Dominic and I at the end. So if you are interested, email me, and I will be making the same announcement again in about a month!
As you can see, I definitely have my hands full for the next few months…..64 days to be exact ;) ……and I couldn’t be more thrilled! Can’t wait to come back after the weekend and share all of my lovely bridal show pictures with you all!
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)