It is no secret that I love Fall. I mean really, who doesn’t love Fall?
When I came back from my Bachelorette Party last week, I decided that it was the perfect time to start putting out little hints of Fall decor. Some say crazy, I say….Love.
Love. Love. Love.
I love Fall so much I could cry. For real.
The other night, I was browsing around Pinterest, and I came across an Apple Cider Donut recipe, and it just made me way too excited. I got so happy, so giddy, that I decided to start making a list of all the things I cannot wait to do this year.
And what made me even more happy is that Olivia is older. Last year she was still being carted around in her stroller, but this year we’ll get to walk around, hand in hand, doing a bunch of fall things.
This week, I’ve decided to round up ten…
1. Enjoying the weather. Summer is rough. Olivia and I both are just not fans of the heat. We don’t like to sweat, we get moody, it’s just not pretty. But with Fall, I’m sure Dominic is gonna have a hard time getting us inside. The sweater wearing, wind blowing weather is my favorite, and I cannot wait until Olivia discovers that it’s her favorite too ;)
2. Pumpkin Patch. Every year, my pumpkin patch experience just gets better. Dominic and I have made it a point to go to one together ever since we started dating. We even found a puny little one when we were living in Arizona! Last year we took Olivia, and while it was fun….this year will be even better. Now that she is walking, I can’t wait for her to pick out her own pumpkin, carry her own apple cider donut, and even sneak a piece of kettle corn or two. She is going to have so much fun, I know it.
3. Leaf activities. Ever since I was a little girl, my dad would always rake up the leaves, and my sister and I would spend hours jumping in the piles. In fact, I still like to do that. I just can’t help myself. I really enjoy raking leaves (no really, I truly do enjoy it), so this year I cannot wait to rake up a few piles in our small square of a yard and introduce her to the art of leaf pile jumping. Another leaf activity that I know she’s gonna love? Leaf crunching. Going on our usual neighborhood walk will be ten times more fun once there are leaves to crunch along the way!
4. Halloween. I will be the first to admit, I really did not like Halloween. Until I had Olivia, I just couldn’t get into the holiday. I’m not much for scary movies, haunted houses, or anything scary/haunted, really. But, last year was her first Halloween and we had such a fun time picking a costume for her. In case you didn’t know, she was a cupcake. The cutest cupcake, at that (but I’m a little biased!) Unfortunately and fortunately all at the same time, we will be in California this year for Halloween, but we still plan on dressing her up and maybe even taking her trick or treating for a little while over there. I can’t wait to see what she comes up with in a year or two when she gets to pick a costume by herself…and when she realizes all the candy she’ll get!
5. Pumpkin everything. I just can’t help my love for all things Pumpkin, and Pinterest doesn’t help. In fact, I have a board titled, “I love all things Pumpkin” I obviously have no shame. I love that all of the coffee shops and grocery stores have seasonal pumpkin items that make you look forward even more to Fall. I can’t wait to introduce Olivia to all of it and even make a few of the pumpkin treats I’ve pinned :)
6. Decorating Pumpkins. Man, oh man, I cannot wait for this one. Carving the pumpkins….cooking the seeds…And for Olivia, my plan is to let her paint hers. I’m just so excited.
7. The clothes. Summer clothes are alright, but layering and boots and tights and jackets and scarves are my jam. Miniatures of those items are even more my freakin jam. I cannot wait for fall clothes!
8. Windows open. All. The. Time. I love the sound of the wind. The windows being open all day, blowing in the fresh air and then at night, curling under a nice blanket (inside or outside!), drinking hot drinks and still listening to the beautiful sound of the wind. Oh my, definitely a happy activity in this household.
9. The Colors and Scents. All of the reds, oranges, and yellows on everything, everywhere. You can’t be mad when you’re walking around outside or in the stores and you see the colors and smell the scents of Fall. Yellow and Red are two of Olivia’s favorite colors, so she definitely isn’t going to be mad. And the scents of Fall? Ugh, is there any better smells? One of Our favorite stores is Bath and Body Works. They have the best seasonal scents and our favorite are their candles. They run a sale every once in a while and the huge 3-wick candles are 2 for $20 when they’re usually $20 each! Steal. We love that store so much. Even Olivia loves it, she loves trying on the different lotions and smelling the candles. In fact, we were just in there the other day and came out with three little air fresheners to plug into different parts of the house. Our whole home smells like Fall and it is lovely.
10. Our Birthdays! Both of birthdays are in the Fall so even if for some strange reason she just absolutely hates Fall (which I just don’t see happening), she’ll still have her Birthday to look forward to. We take birthdays very seriously around here and I can’t wait for her to be old enough to look forward to her special day every year.
And a few things I’m looking forward to that are more for myself than Olivia: The VS fashion show (love!), Pumpkin Chai Tea from Caribou, finally using my Crock Pot to make yummy dinners, my father in law’s Italian wedding soup, socks, warm blankets, cuddling with my HUSBAND (by the time fall is here I will officially be married!) and even though it won’t be in Fall-like weather, our honeymoon is technically in the Fall and I cannot wait for that :)
There has been so much going on lately…make-up trials, wedding dress issues, last minute shopping, wedding favors…I mean there are only FIFTEEN days left until our wedding, so this list is pretty much exactly what I needed to make my Friday a little brighter.
Oh Fall, I am so ready for you and all of the goodies you bring with.
Are there any things you’d add to this list that I missed?
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)