Oh hey there, blog. How have you been? I didn’t purposely mean to forget about you all week, it’s just that…well…Dominic and I are getting married in eight days.
I just can’t get over how quickly those whole thing has gone along. This time next week, I’ll be running around getting stuff together for our Rehearsal dinner and wishing and praying for great weather, and for everything to go nice and smooth on our big day.
Please pray with me, ya’ll.
Anyway, this week has been absolute chaos. I’ve been doing a bunch of last minute shopping, tonight we’re picking readings and songs for the church and I’m FINALLY going to sit down and write my vows…I mean there are only 8 days left so I should probably get on that already, right?
To kind of calm my nerves a bit, I’ve decided to dedicate this weeks TTF to the happy times of our Wedding Day. Besides the obvious one that I get to marry my best friend, here are ten (other) things…
1. I have this really big fear of walking down the aisle. Every time I think about it, all the people staring at me, smiling at me; praying I don’t trip over my veil, or the aisle runner; crying too much I can’t see or speak…but then I think about Dominic waiting for me at the end. And that is something that calms me down. I know that as soon as I get to him, I will be just fine…like so many other instances in our relationship. I cannot wait to get to the end of that aisle, to hold his hand.
2. As most brides to be, I have put SO MUCH time and effort into this day. I cannot wait to see how it all comes together. From the table set up, to the guest book, to the wedding favors…I can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction toward the whole thing!
3. Eating cake. The woman who is doing our wedding cake has the best cake that I have ever tasted so I am excited to eat cake and be married ;)
4. I have a whole board created on Pinterest for Wedding photos that I really really want and some of them are kind of funny/creative, so I’m definitely looking forward to taking those!
5. Wearing my beautiful dress. I have a feeling I’m not gonna want to take it off at the end of the night….
6. Making memories with all of our closest friends and family. All of them have watched Dominic and I grow individually and together as a couple, so it’s really special to have them surrounding us as we “officially” unite, and become a family.
7. Having a special dance saved where Dominic and I dance around with Olivia. This is her day too, after all :)
8. I can’t wait to see how beautiful/handsome our bridal party is going to look all dressed up!
9. Dancing the night away. We have a lot of dancing lovers attending our wedding so I’m sure that we’re all going to have a great time putting that dance floor to good use!
10. Starting the day off as a Miss, and ending the day as a Mrs. I am so ready for the next chapter of our lives, and I know that Dominic is too. I can’t wait to walk out of the doors, hand in hand, as a newly paired “Mr and Mrs”.
What are some of the best moments from your wedding?
These next 8 days are going to fly by. I’m so excited and so nervous all at the same time! I’m so sorry for for being so scarce around here, but I promise to be back up and running a little more consistently very soon!
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)