Happy November 1st!
It’s Olivia’s birth month…she’ll be two in fifteen days.
I know I’ll probably want to do another one of these in a few weeks, once she’s techincally two, but she is at such a fun age that I figured I’d note some of them now, as I’m sure there will be more fun things to note soon and I just don’t want to forget any of them :)
Here are ten things…..
1. Lets start with her love for dancing. Olivia has always loved to dance, but it seems that her love has grown a bit fonder in the past few weeks. She dances on cue, she dances when there’s no music and when there actually is music? Watch out. She can KILL the dance floor. Last weekend we went to a Halloween party and they had a dj playing all this old music and there was my little angel, in the middle of the dance floor, busting some serious moves. Everyone just circled around to watch her and she just took off, it was absolutely hilarious.
Here’s a video of some of it:
Notice her yawning in the beginning….this was toward the end of the night and she was so tired but she still danced her little heart out!
2. Okay so this one is kind of weird, but Olivia kind of loves her tongue. I constantly find her licking things…..so weird. And, if she really likes you and you ask for a kiss, she’ll slip that tongue right in your mouth. She thinks it’s absolutely hilarious and I have to admit, I think it’s pretty funny too.
3. She loves books. Sometimes, when it’s really quiet, I’ll think she’s up to something devilish (as most toddlers are when it’s suspiciously quiet), but instead I find her sitting on the floor, reading a book. My favorite is the way she looks while she’s reading: her face is so concentrated and curious about what’s going on on that particular page in her book, like she is really trying to figure out exactly what she’s reading. And then after a couple minutes of creepy mom staring, I’ll sit next to her and read the book she’s holding. She gets so excited and I love that she loves books so much.
4. She is obsessed with Mickey and Minnie Mouse. She’ll point them out where ever we are and she will not go to bed without her Mickey Mouse snuggled under her arm. We have a Mickey and Minnie for each room in the house….I’m not kidding! I kind of love it seeing as Mickey Mouse is kind of my hero ;)
5. We’ve recently introduced Olivia to hot chocolate. One night, it was freezing cold, and Dominic made me and him some hot pumpkin chai tea lattes. We’ve recently learned that even after a few sips of those lattes, Olivia is unable to sleep through the night, so we don’t give them to her anymore. Instead, we decided to make her some sugar free, really watered down, hot chocolate. She was instantly hooked! From time to time she’ll request some after dinner, and most of the time we oblige. The best part? She calls it “Ot Cha Cha”! Seriously. Best baby ever.
6. She’s been really into car rides lately. For a few months, she was totally against them but then we showed her that she can watch movies, and it’s seemed to really help. She still sits in a rear facing car seat, so she watches her movies through the mirror that we use to check on her! Speaking of car seats, since she’s gonna be two soon, we’ve decided to finally switch her to a forward facing one. My grandma has offered to buy it for her for her birthday. Which leads me to the question: Which forward facing car seat do you recommend?
7. Olivia is starting to become such a sponge. She repeats everything. Or at least tries to. A few weeks ago, I dropped something on the floor and said, “Oh shit!” without even realizing she was near (although she is ALWAYS near), and then a few seconds later we heard her say “Shit”….Dominic wasn’t too happy about that :x Like I said, a sponge. She is extremely smart (maybe I’m a little biased though!). She knows all of her colors, she can count to ten (although she sometimes misses 3 and 7), she can recognize a star and a circle, and she can draw circles when you ask her to. She also has a great memory, especially with songs. She loves to sing. It amazes me how much she knows in just her 23 months of life!
8. She loves cars, trains, and trucks. Imagine that! She sits on her chair for long periods of time, looks out the window, and watches the cars go by. She is obsessed with ambulances and firetrucks, too! Whenever she hears one, she stares in absolute awe. That’s nothing compared to when she sees a train though. You’d think she was staring at a pile of gold or something. I think that’s something else she gets from me though because I love trains.
9. She’s very dramatic. She makes this face sad, concerning face if someone is crying on TV or in real life, she laughs extra hard and loud even when she has nooooooo idea why the other person is laughing, when she gets her hands dirty, it’s like the end of the world has come, when she knows she has something that she’s not supposed to, she runs faster than the speed of light under the table, because she knows I won’t go under there, when she sees puppies she says “Awwwwwww look!! Cute!!!!”, when she gets something taken away from her, she runs to the wall and leans against it, crying (fake crying, really). Basically, if she doesn’t make it as a dancer, she definitely will make it as an actress. Either way, Hollywood, watch out.
10. She’s still a great big mush. She loves to hug, kiss and cuddle. She caresses your face, holds your hand, shares her milk (big deal!). In the mornings, I go and get her from her crib and bring her into bed with us, I give her some milk and after she finishes, she cuddles us and kisses us all over our faces. It’s the best.
I can’t believe it’s only been (almost) two years since she’s been in our lives, it just seems like so much longer. It is such an honor to see her grow up into this tiny little smart person. She is so calm (most of the time, anyway! ;) , kind, funny and loving and I am so proud of that. She is the best kind of person and even though she does throw a mean temper tantrum, I wouldn’t have it any other way. She is the perfect fit into our little family,and I know I speak for both of us when I say that I can’t imagine life without her.
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)