In honor of Love Day, I decided to talk about 1 of 2 people that I love the most….Olivia!
Here are 10 things…
1. Dancing. Whether I’m singing/humming a song, or it’s a 5 second tune from one of her toys, this girl does not miss a beat. If she knows she can’t get up in time to dance before it’s over, she sit dances. Dominic and I find ourselves singing and dancing with her all day long! Olivia, what are you doing? “I dan-shhh!”
2. Art. She loves to paint, draw, color, decorate everything with stickers, etc. My sister got her an easel for her Birthday and she just loves it to pieces. We leave her drawing supplies at her disposal and she comes and goes all day long. Plays with her blocks, goes to draw with Chalk. Takes care of her babies, goes to draw with her dry erase markers. All. Day. Long. Olivia, what are you doing? “I paying crayons!” “I drawing!” “I cuh-ling!”
3. Asking “What are you doing?” and “Are you okay?” It’s so crazy to think that just last Valentine’s Day, she was our quiet little baby, just starting to walk on her own, and now Dominic and I are starting to be able to have full on conversations with her. Where I understand that most toddlers are constantly asking “Why?” Our girl insists on asking, “What are you doing?” every 5 minutes. “What a doing, Mama?” “What a doing, Dada?” “What a doing, mamadada?” Her second favorite question is “Are you o-tay?” She carefully and constantly rubs my legs, or my shoulders and says, “Are you o-tay, Mama?” It’s the sweetest thing and I never ever ever get tired of hearing her ask questions, especially ones like that!
4. Taking baths. Olivia is kind of a fish. If she could spend all day in the tub, she would. Recently, she decided it was only fitting for one of her favorite Minnies to take baths, too. And it was my mistake to let her bring Minnie in there because now it’s even harder to get her out!
5. Taking care of all of her babies (which mainly consist of all different Minnie Mouse dolls). She is already such a little Mother Hen! She feeds her babies, rocks them, has them go potty, wraps them up. She does and says all the things that I do to her, and it’s so surreal to see her really pay attention to everything that I do. She takes such good care of her babies. Just this morning I caught her trying to put butt paste on Minnie’s butt! Olivia, what are you doing? “Buh pace, Minnie’s buh!”
6. Reading books. Olivia loves books. All books. She doesn’t discriminate. 5 Languages of Love? Sign her up. She’s gonna need to prepare herself for love someday, anyway. Olivia, what are you doing? “I reading book!” It makes my heart so happy.
7. People. She loves to be around people, especially her family. I love that she is so friendly. She always says hi to everyone when we’re shopping, and she loves when people come over. She’s especially fond of Girl’s Night, but who isn’t? She is happiest when mainly anyone is around, but I think she is especially happy on Dominic’s days off, when it’s just the three of us, doing all sorts of fun things. She will constantly repeat,”Mama and Dada! Mama and Dada!”
8. Movies. This girl sits through a movie better than I can! Disney movies are her jam (probably because that’s all I play for her..no shame here!). Give her a little blanket, a comfy spot on the couch and something to drink and 9 times out of 10 she will be stuck in that spot until the end credits start rolling.
9. Apples. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this girl wants apples. She’s not really too fond of a lot of other fruits, so we have a lot of apples in our house. If our girl wants “Ap-oos,” then Ap-oos she will get. (Ps. This is not to be confused with Olivia’s love for Chocolate. There is no question that Olivia will pass on her beloved Ap-oo if there is Cha-Cha around. She gets that from me, and I am not sorry for that!)
10. Kissing. This one is my favorite, of course. Our girl kisses us all day long. On the legs, on the hands, on the cheeks, mainly on the lips, but sometimes when we’re sitting there she grabs my face and kisses me in a certain order: my forehead, each eye, each cheek, my nose, my chin, and lastly my mouth. We’ve been doing that to her since she’s been a baby so we think it’s especially sweet that now she likes to do it to us. We know she won’t want to shower us in kisses forever so you better believe we are soaking it all up!
All in all, our girl is perfect for us. Just the right fit into our family, and we love her (and everything that she loves!) to the moon and back.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Katie and Olivia (and Dominic, too!)