“A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2014.”
Olivia: Today is your Dada’s third Father’s Day! You are everything to him, baby girl. He loves you so much and everyday you show that the feeling is definitely mutual.
In honor of Father’s Day weekend, I asked Dominic to guest blog for this week’s 10 Things Friday. When I received his email, I read it with such a huge, heart-melting, smile on my face…
Because that’s exactly what his list is: Heart. Melting.
I felt compelled to change a few of his grammatical errors (as I do with everyone else….it’s a habit!), but I decided against it because it is beautiful and perfect exactly the way it is. Minor errors and all.
Without further ado, I give you Dominic’s ten things…
I’d like to think I’m a simple guy. I would never trade my life and it’s because of these ten things I’m alive now more than ever:
1. I love the little things from Olivia that come my way, the kisses, hugs, and smiles are literally what light up my soul.
2. I love seeing my daughter experience new things, especially when they are the things that us as adults take for granted.
3. I love how my daughter has changed my outlook, appreciating the little things, because life truly isn’t as hard as we make it seem. Just take a second and breathe, that way you’re able to see all the beauty that is around you.
4. I love teaching my daughter new ways to do something or new things in general. I want to spend my life filling my mind with knowledge and expertise, and then drain it all onto her. The best day though will be when she has everything I have and starts to teach me. I can’t wait.
5. I love seeing how much everyone else cares for my daughter. The flood of love is unprecedented, making it the world I want her to know and adore. A world of care and love…. (Okay, you can stop holding her now; she’s mine thats little too much love ;)
6. I love the way she speaks and the way only we know what she’s saying. Solely because I can correct anyone that thinks they know what she’s saying. (“She’s saying PLEASE!” Amateurs!)
7. I love being able to provide for my family. It makes me happy that I can do something that helps both spiritually and monetary. The love and money that I can provide to my family is the reason I keep moving. They are the force that push me to be the best person I can possibly become.
8. I love when I walk in the door and the first person I see is my excited daughter. That was one of the things I always wanted and thought about even before I had a daughter. It’s the best feeling in the entire world.
9. I love watching her sleep. I will sometimes cry when I look at her. I realize that is my world, that is my being inside and out. It’s a feeling that I enjoy fully and nothing can match.
10.I love the ability to see how my fiance is with her. She is the most fantastic mother I have ever seen. My daughter is a mold of her mother and I adore it. Katie saved me when she came into my life, my heart is in her hands and every day she handles it with love and care. I can’t imagine fatherhood without such a great mother beside me.
And now you all know why I can’t wait to marry this man in 85(!) Days. I mean, really. Lucky doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about my man!
Have a good weekend!
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)