Let’s start with a small introduction.
Hi! My name is Lauren and I blog over at The Little Things We Do. I met my husband Craig in the 4th grade. We went to the same schools, the same church and he was friends with my little brother. Craig is a year younger than me (almost exactly), but he was two grades younger (summer birthdays) so I always just thought of him as an annoying kid. I sort of couldn’t stand him. Then in high school our families became friends and we would go snowboarding together all the time. We ended up stuck on a lot of chair lifts together and over time became friends. Then one day during my senior year of high school we ended up holding hands and the rest is history. I like to say that Craig is my real-life Mr. Darcy – a story of hate to love. I love that we were high school sweethearts because we grew up together and all of our stories include each other. We have changed a ton over the years, but we’ve always done it together.
We kinda got married last night.
It was the most perfect and beautiful thing in the history of ever.
I cannot wait to tell you guys all about it.
And I will…..next week!
This week I am taking a break. I know, I know, this space hasn’t gotten the love it’s deserved these past few weeks so to kind of make up for my absence, a few wonderful women have so graciously accepted to guest blog for the week. I sent them all the same questionnaire, and I loved reading all of their answers!
While we enjoy the first week as newlyweds, I hope that you all enjoy reading the posts I have lined up :)
Have a good week!
You guys, I’m Co-Hosting my very first Blog Hop! A few other lovely bloggers and myself are all kind of stepping in for Breanna over at My Beautiful, Crazy Life while she goes into surgery! Please say a quick prayer for her and then join in on the fun!
Hope you have a great time hopping!
Happy Sunday Evening!
In honor of Father’s Day weekend, I asked Dominic to guest blog for this week’s 10 Things Friday. When I received his email, I read it with such a huge, heart-melting, smile on my face…
Because that’s exactly what his list is: Heart. Melting.
I felt compelled to change a few of his grammatical errors (as I do with everyone else….it’s a habit!), but I decided against it because it is beautiful and perfect exactly the way it is. Minor errors and all.
Without further ado, I give you Dominic’s ten things…
I’d like to think I’m a simple guy. I would never trade my life and it’s because of these ten things I’m alive now more than ever:
1. I love the little things from Olivia that come my way, the kisses, hugs, and smiles are literally what light up my soul.
2. I love seeing my daughter experience new things, especially when they are the things that us as adults take for granted.
3. I love how my daughter has changed my outlook, appreciating the little things, because life truly isn’t as hard as we make it seem. Just take a second and breathe, that way you’re able to see all the beauty that is around you.
4. I love teaching my daughter new ways to do something or new things in general. I want to spend my life filling my mind with knowledge and expertise, and then drain it all onto her. The best day though will be when she has everything I have and starts to teach me. I can’t wait.
5. I love seeing how much everyone else cares for my daughter. The flood of love is unprecedented, making it the world I want her to know and adore. A world of care and love…. (Okay, you can stop holding her now; she’s mine thats little too much love ;)
6. I love the way she speaks and the way only we know what she’s saying. Solely because I can correct anyone that thinks they know what she’s saying. (“She’s saying PLEASE!” Amateurs!)
7. I love being able to provide for my family. It makes me happy that I can do something that helps both spiritually and monetary. The love and money that I can provide to my family is the reason I keep moving. They are the force that push me to be the best person I can possibly become.
8. I love when I walk in the door and the first person I see is my excited daughter. That was one of the things I always wanted and thought about even before I had a daughter. It’s the best feeling in the entire world.
9. I love watching her sleep. I will sometimes cry when I look at her. I realize that is my world, that is my being inside and out. It’s a feeling that I enjoy fully and nothing can match.
10.I love the ability to see how my fiance is with her. She is the most fantastic mother I have ever seen. My daughter is a mold of her mother and I adore it. Katie saved me when she came into my life, my heart is in her hands and every day she handles it with love and care. I can’t imagine fatherhood without such a great mother beside me.
And now you all know why I can’t wait to marry this man in 85(!) Days. I mean, really. Lucky doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about my man!
Have a good weekend!
*Don’t forget: if you’d like to guest blog for my 10 Things Friday series, I’d love to have you! Just write out a list of 10 things, it can be anything (i.e. 10 books you should read, 10 things about myself, 10 reasons why I love my dog….anything!), and send it over in an email ( ohheybabyblog[at]gmail[dot]com )! I can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with! :)