When I became a mom, I knew there was going to be a lot to learn. I also immediately had a new mantra: The faster and easier, the better. It rang pretty true, 99% of the time. As a parent, you already have so much going on in your world, why not look for the fastest and easiest way to do everything, you know? Enter in my BFF: the baby wipe. I use these babies for so much more than just wiping bottoms so when Huggies wanted us to try out their Simply Clean* baby wipes, I was totally in.
You know how I said that I knew there was going to be a lot to learn? In terms of baby wipes, I am still learning new ways to use them, for my own convenience, of course. Here are just a few:
1. Easel Cleaner– Obviously an eraser is the first thing that comes to mind when you think to clean off your easel, but I actually always find myself grabbing a wipe. When you use a regular old chalkboard eraser, sure it does the job, but it always leaves white residue on the board. When I use a baby wipe, I actually see the black on the blackboard. Baby wipes offer a cleaner finish and dry up in seconds for immediate chalkboard use. Since we have an easel that is half chalkboard, half dry erase, I can confidently say that baby wipes get the job done easier and faster for both sides!
^Erased with a Huggies Simply Clean Wipe
2. Makeup Remover– I used to spend so much money on makeup remover wipes. One time while we were on vacation, I forgot said expensive wipes and quickly thought to use Olivia’s baby wipes instead. I never went back after that. They don’t leave my face feeling sticky and are even great at getting my eye makeup off, who knew?!
3. Chalk Removal– I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not really a chalk kind of girl. I know, I know, what kind of mom am I? Why am I such a fun sucker? Blah blah blah. But really, I guess I’m not that bad considering I admit how much I dislike it, yet I still let my kid play with it to her heart’s content. Anyway, back to the chalk. It’s messy, and Olivia prefers to draw all over one square of the sidewalk while simultaneously rolling around in it and then comes inside the house, touching everything/leaving chalk foot prints all over the house. Baby wipes are perfect for chalk messes. I’m able to wipe off her hands, her clothes (without leaving them feeling super wet because she hates wet clothes) and even her shoes all before she even walks in the door.
4. Quick Dusting– Lucky for me, I don’t get a lot of unannounced visitors but on the off chance that I do, I like to do a quick clean. The fastest (read laziest) way? Baby wipes. I grab a baby wipe and wipe down my coffee table, the TV counsel, things of that nature. No spray, or extra laundry from using towels to wipe everything down with said spray, necessary ;)
5. Keeping Olivia Busy– On the same wave of cleaning with baby wipes, sometimes that’s the job we give Olivia. If Dominic and I are in one of our deep cleaning moods, she often wants to help, god bless her sweet little heart. So while we do the big stuff, we’ll most likely give her a few baby wipes to wipe things down so she thinks she’s helping us and feels included. And let’s be honest for a second, even when we’re not deep cleaning anything at all, handing her a baby wipe to clean things buys us at least twenty minutes to do other things….like check “email” (aka Instagram ;) and maybe even finish that cup of coffee before it get’s cold!
I never thought that almost four years later, I’d still be using baby wipes as often as I do but how could I not? Convenience is everything, especially after I became a mom. And if you liked my five alternative uses to baby wipes, here are 101 more uses for Huggies wipes and a link to where you can purchase their Simply Clean* wipes immediately!